Tuesday 1 May 2012

Just as i thought I was getting better at Music Theory!

I got my worse mark yet in my practice paper today! Last time I was 2 marks from a distinction.. I only just got a pass this time! :( damn! To be fair, it was the first one i've not done at home - I did it sat in the common room so i probably wasn't concentrating as well as I should have been. Bloody common room is terrible at our school - at some schools they have a 'study room' where they encourage you to work.. they SAY they want us to work in our common room, but its just loads and loads of sofas and no desks or computers.. how are we meant to work there! :(. I've also done 2 essays the past 2 days! Practice exam ones. I did a history one today - that went terribly. Was like, a high E/low D. It wasn't even finished though. We're expected to write 6 pages in an hour - thats a page every 10 minutes, about 3 or 4 lines every minute. Constant writing, without even thinking. It's impossible i'm sure! We have to write about 6 different things in that part of the exam, as well as analysing sources, and remembering other historians opinions, comparing them and saying if they're reliable. Thats only half the exam as well, we have to do another essay! :( History is so hard! However, yesterday I did a music essay. I had to write about Jazz between 1920s and 1930s - basically New Orleans Jazz. And I think I did better on that! I get my mark on thursday, I really hope its good! I sort of made up 2 musical quotes because we're meant to remember scored music to write down in the essay, but its so hard to learn em! Apart from that though, I think I did alright. I mentioned loads of artists, like Louis Armstrong and the Hot Sevens, Jelly Roll Morton and the Red Hot Peppers, Duke Ellington, Joe 'King' Oliver and his Creole Jazz Band.. hehe, i sound like I know my stuff. Anyway, i'm hoping for at least a C in that part of the exam! Higher if possible, just to take the pressure off! Cos i'm feeling a lot of pressure with school recently! So much to revise for.. there's just so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think to this post?