Wednesday 4 April 2012

My AS Composition.

Stuck in doing revision/work all day again! Working on a composition for my AS level music resit.. I'm not going to post it on here because i don't want anyone else copying any ideas, this is months of work! But it got marked pretty badly even though it should have been marked hihgher. Apparently there's lots of problems with marking when it comes to music composition, and even towards the arts in general. It can be very subjective, and it'll be marked on wether the examiner likes the sound, rather than the techniques used and how complex it is etc. Basically, a grade 8 trained musician could be marked as a D while an untalented musician could get an A. Basically though, my composition is a piece i've written for flute, clarinet, bassoon, 2 violins and a cello. I think it's pretty good, it used loads of techniques. There's 2 key changes, 2 tempo changes. There's 2 definite motifs/themes that occur throughout the piece, varied at different pitches, speeds, on different instruments, but always definitely there. Plus theres plenty of dynamic markings, there's both Pizzicato and Arco strings. I personally think the piece is a B grade.. I'll post it when i've finished tweaking it and it's been sent off etc. But everyone who has listened to it, including my teacher, is very impressed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think to this post?