Sunday 8 April 2012

2 of my songs..

Ok, so I thought i'd post 2 examples of my music and write a bit about them. Firstly, i'm not just a guitarist. I don't just play and write in a rock style - here's a piece that still has some of my guitar playing in. It's called Ocean Breeze, because i'm terrible at naming songs and the organ sounds reminiscent of the seaside (to me anyway). I wrote this for the failed LIPA audition back in January. I really like the echoey guitar sound i used - again, sounds like a surfer sort of guitar. I never know wether I actually like this one, so people will have to let me know what you think! Anyway. Here's a second track - completely different style, uses different skills - I produced this in Reason. It's called Deep Forest. Its called that because it sounds a bit mysterious. A bit fantasy-ish. Again, terrible at naming songs! But i used to produce little grime beats which I intended MCs to rap over, and this was one of my original ones. But i added to it, expanded it and added another section - and I think this is one of my favourite songs I've produced. What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Both have massively different vibes.
    Not sure which one I prefer though, I mean, the summerish mood from the first one is pretty awesome, but the second one is interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap this is just amazing, i like both a lot especially the second one with his dark and mysterious beat. You have some talent i guess. Keep your work continued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot! Appreciate it so much! :D Tomorrow i'll post 2 little covers I did of a band called Kasabian - i dont know wether you'll know them as I dont think they have much of a following outside the UK.

      Delete
  3. The second one sounds a bit like dubstep. I don't know if it was your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to quite a lot of dubstep, so it was definitely an influence.

      Delete
  4. looks like I am still the only person unable to view your shit :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea why! What browser you using? Maybe try going direct to the site? http://soundcloud.com/raven-dn7 try that!

      Delete
    2. May be java/flash problem. For me FF 11/flash 11.1 works fine.

      Delete

What do you think to this post?